I’ve been a resident of Delta Township for almost 50 years. I’m a successful small business owner, a former healthcare leader, an elected school board member, a grandmother, and a daughter of proud Michigan farmers.
In 2018, I decided to run for office to make real improvements in the lives of Michiganders living in Eaton County. I was elected to represent the 71st District, and it’s been my honor to fight for this community in the Michigan House of Representatives.
I was born in the farming village of Buckley, Mich., outside of Traverse City, and lived on the family farm with my loving parents, George and Marilyn, and three sisters. My father passed away when I was 18, leading me to live out my parents’ legacy of giving to others and to the community that has given so much to me and my family.
After graduating from Northwood University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and nursing, I spent 22 years working at a large health system in Lansing. I started on the clinical side and moved into the administrative side as a manager of community relations. I then started my own marketing/PR agency in Lansing, which I still own and operate.
I’m a passionate advocate for community members in need of adequate health care and quality public education.
- McLaren Greater Lansing Foundation
- Waverly Community Schools Board of Education
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Economic Club
- Michigan Society of Healthcare Planners and Marketers
- Volunteers of America Host Committee for Homeless No More
- St. Gerard Catholic Church Evangelization Committee
Awards and Recognition:
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Michigan Top 50 Companies to Watch
- INC magazine Top 500/5000 U.S. company
- Athena Award for organizational excellence